Capital Market Lab
EIILM has set up a state-of-the-art Financial Research and Online Capital Market Trading Lab (The Finance Lab). The mission of the Online Capital Market Lab is to support advanced applied research in financial markets and equip finance managers with the mathematical and conceptual theories and best practices in financial markets that go into the creation and management of innovative financial products and services in the dynamic and highly competitive financial environment. Students can practice hedging, speculation and arbitrage strategies and investment and portfolio management strategies in the lab.
Objectives and Scope of the Online Capital Market Lab:
- To provide students hands-on data analysis and financial modeling experience through access to real time national and international financial data, market information, business and industry news, and cutting edge financial analysis software.
- To support and enhance academic research with the availability of extensive historical and real time cross sectional and time series data.
- To provide opportunities for collaborative research and teaching with other functional disciplines such as production and operations management, Management Information Systems and Information Technology.
- To develop and offer short-term hands on training programmes, MDPs, conferences and workshops in contemporary and emerging issues in finance.
The Lab- The Infrastructure and Features:
- 52 flat screen workstations with the latest Intel architecture Pentium 4 (HT) processors with expanded system memory and high bandwidth graphics engine.
- Online Technical Analysis and Charting: World standard software installed by Meta Stock
- On Screen displays the online trading interface and the other displays technical analysis data, charts and data-streams.
- Projection screens and Wide Screen LCD Plasma television to display market news and updates.
- Fully air conditioned capital market lab.
- Access to a wide range of industry research, annual report of all listed companies and fundamental analysis from ACE Equity